2nd EMECS Conference
- 2th International Conference on The Environmental Management of Enclosed Coastal Seas（EMECS’93）
- Toward Effective Governance of the World’s Enclosed Coastal Seas
- November 10-13,1993
- Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
- Maryland State Government, University of Maryland
- U.S. Environmental Protection Bureau, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administratoion
Overview of the conference
Following the success of EMECS ’90, the mantle was taken up by the State of Maryland in the United States. The second EMECS conference, EMECS ’93, was held in the city of Baltimore on the shores of Chesapeake Bay, one of the foremost enclosed coastal seas in the U.S. The theme of the conference was “Toward Effective Governance” — employing science, policy and management to preserve the environment in coastal areas. The conference was attended by 2,300 people from 46 countries and regions.