12th EMECS Conference
- 12th International Conference on the Environmental Management of Enclosed Coastal Seas (EMECS12)
- Cooperative stewardship for integrated management toward resilient coastal seas
- November 4 – 8, 2018
- Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel
- International EMECS Center
- Royal Society of Thailand, Chulalongkorn University, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya, Rambhai Banni Rajabhat University
Overview of the conference
The 12th EMECS Conference, EMECS12, was held under the theme of “Cooperative stewardship for integrated management toward resilient coastal seas” in Pattaya, Thailand.
Approximately 300 people from 17 countries including Japan, Thailand, China, Republic of Korea, U.S.A. , participated in the Conference. From Japan, around 90 people including Toshizo Ido, Chair of EMECS Board of Directors (Governor of Hyogo Prefecture, Japan), Motoyuki Suzuki, EMECS President, a delegation from the Hyogo Prefectural Assembly headed by Takanori Konishi, Vice-Chair, attended the conference.
During the conference, the Satoumi & ICM Special Session, parallel sessions under various themes, the Students & Schools Partnership Session, the poster session, the technical tour were held.
The Pattaya Declaration and the Students & Schools Partnership Declaration were adopted at the closing session. Also, it was officially announced that the next EMECS Conference, EMECS13, will be held with the Estuarine & Coastal Sciences Association (ECSA) as “EMECS13 – ECSA58 Joint Conference” in Hull, U.K., in September 2020.
- Pattaya Declaration（PDF：36KB）
- Students & Schools Partnership Declaration (SSP Declaration)（PDF：34KB）